Friday, August 26, 2005

KATHLEEN
I always miss my mother at Christmas, but
somehow it's worse this year since I need
some advice from her.
JOE (V.O., cont'd)
I can give you advice. I'm great at
advice.
KATHLEEN (V.O.)
My business is in trouble. My mother
would have something wise to say.

JOE (cont'd)
You're at war. "It's not personal, it's
business. It's not personal it's
business." Recite that to yourself every
time you feel you're losing your nerve.
I know you worry about being brave, this
is your chance. Fight. Fight to the
death.
......................
..........................................
..................................
JOE
Hello.

KATHLEEN
What are you doing here?

JOE
I heard you were sick and I was worried
and I wanted to --
(he hears voices)
Is someone here?

KATHLEEN
Just the Home Shopping Network.

JOE
Bought any porcelain dolls?

KATHLEEN
I was thinking about it.
(beat)
You put me out of business --

JOE
I know that --

KATHLEEN
And now you turn up with flowers? Did
you come to gloat?

JOE
No.

KATHLEEN
To offer me a job --

JOE
No, I wouldn't think of --
......................... ... ....... ............

......... .... It wasn't personal --

KATHLEEN
-- It was business. What is that
supposed to mean? I am so sick of that.
All it means is it's not personal to you,
but it's personal to me, it's personal to
a lot of people.
(she shrugs helplessly)
What's wrong with being personal anyway?

JOE
Nothing.

KATHLEEN
I mean, whatever else anything is, it
ought to begin by being personal.

--You've Got Mail.

"Love is the only inspiration."--Shakespeare in love

"I want lots of money....lots and lots .......and i want it quickly.....i cant wait." -My friend who got a job but isnt satisfied with its salary and is hunting for a better one.

No comments: