Thursday, August 18, 2005

"Come, there’s no use in crying like that!" said Alice to herself, rather sharply. "I advise you to leave off this minute!" She generally gave herself very good advice (though she very seldom followed it), and sometimes she scolded herself so severely as to bring tears into her eyes; and once she remembered trying to box her own ears for having cheated herself in a game of croquet she was playing against herself, for this curious child was very fond of pretending to be two people. "But it’s no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend to be two people! Why, there’s hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
I read this excerpt in a blog of a wise man.Then I read the book to the point where i found these lines.And i was captured with these lines.Like many other times i wonder if the wise man wrote it had so much more to suggest than he does in the explicit words.I wonder why she is lonely and about the curious event of playing a game this way.like my friend once told me,speaking so bluntly of good literature is like an insult to it.coz what i am wondering and what i let you know i am thinking about these lines here is not all that i am thinking.such things touch deep in the subconscious,maybe connect us to our childhood,connect us to some fleeting visions from our dreams,about which i cannot put into words.The rabbit hole for alice,and the abode of bilbo baggins,make me wonder if human mind has this fascination for holes.we dont know how deep they go,dark,queer,full of unexpected adventures,but comfortable and polished in case of jrr tolkein.
a funny thought occured to me,what if i interpret deeper,and end up making out something which the writer does not want to suggest,what if someone else does same thing,ends up with powerful beliefs for life,on account of his ego insists that what he believes is perfectly true,choses a marvellous path for success,works hard and reaches the pinnacle.how fun would it be to drive ourselves by a misinterpretation.
I wonder why i make others do things which i think are wonderful.Sometimes they agree with me,sometimes they dont.well,i should not be disappointed when they dont.after sometime i feel why am i so hellbent on dragging others into my point of view.
i had a conversation with junna da tunna...
"what are you reading these days?" he asked
"two books actually,hp5 and the fountainhead"
"two books? ....heard fountainhead is very good book........why are you wasting your 'intellectual capacity' on such simple books with magic and all?"
then we argued for a few minutes and it abruptly ended,the way it ended hundreds of times before without any conclusion.haha how great is the blogspace,now that i can put up my verdict!
all things are muti dimensional,many aspects of a single thing exist,be it idea,book music or any other thing,generally one or two aspects prominently show up.judging tht thing on the basis of tht single aspect would be wrong.u need to see for the rest of the spects too.plus with the two or three 'different' aspects u cannot declare which is 'better'.given two choices,both hold equal power,dont declare any universal verdict that this is low,this is high.(same goes with saathiya and alai payuthe)

Current music: so much reflects my mood right now.....
i linger in the doorway
of alarm clock screaming monsters calling my name
let me stay
where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story

in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me

-evanescence

love those drums,mridang,sitar in dheere jalna.the digitally mastered tabla in main vari vari(i have a hunch its mastered,though me not an expert at such things),loved tht moment when silken voice of kavita fades into sarangi,and i wondered when did her voice end and when did the sarangi pick up?
then i got wierd returned to my all time favs Evanescence,which reflect my mood right now,its gut wrenchng.

No comments: